can calm itself,
so can you.
I love the ocean as a metaphor for our emotional selves, the power along with the mysterious depths. I think the point isn’t to avoid the storms but rather to see (sea) them within a larger context, even when the surface is full of terrifying waves our depths are calm.
The last couple of weeks I’ve been working with an ocean meditation. The one I recorded for you is only 8 minutes, hopefully long enough to be effective and short enough to be useful on a regular basis. You’ll notice that under the player there’s a link to download an MP3 file so you can take it with you. We’ve also moved the Mindful Stream of Consciousness meditation to the new site and it also has a link for you to download.
If you’re interested in virtually exploring the ocean and her depths, here’s a site I love! As you scroll down you get to learn about the life at different depths. Taking the time to scroll all the way down is a meditation itself.
Fridays at Infinity have been moved to 7:45am to allow time for cleaning and for the air to clear. Thanks to everyone for being flexible — especially Lynn’s class who is moving to 10:30am. A special thanks to Heather for being willing to open the conversation back up and find a solution that served us all.
Lastly, you’ll find last Friday’s practice below.
So much love and gratitude to you all!
Schedule for Week of August 17th.
8:15 am All Levels – Infinity
- You need a confirmation from me that you are registered. Spaces are limited.
- Infinity Covid Protocols
6pm All Levels – Root River Zoom
7:15am All Levels – Root River Zoom
8:15am Yoga with Friends – Sinclair Park
*Sept 11th we move back to Infinity and begin at 7:45am.
Yoga Videos and Meditation
As always, these are shared with you under the category “pay what you can, if you can.”
Here’s the link to PayPal your support: https://www.paypal.me/
Things to know about Yoga with Elle Outside:
- Sept 4th is our last Friday outside, after that this class moves to 7:45am at Infinity Yoga Studio.
- If you have trouble hearing please set up close (but still 6 ft away) to me.
- Please be respectful and stay 6′ away from each other to ensure everyone who comes is safe and feels comfortable.
- I’ll wear a mask as we’re setting up so if you want to come ask questions, tell me things, etc., you’ll be safe.
- I’m going to take my mask off to teach so you can hear me and we can record sound, but I will stay on my mat and not walk around making adjustments.
- If you are nervous to be around folks but really want to come, please come, wear a mask and set up away from folks. We will lovingly stay away and give you space.
- Regular outdoor considerations to think of: You may want sun screen, bug spray, sun glasses, and a towel if it’s dewy.
- Bring your mat and a block or a blanket if you have them.
Root River Yoga on Zoom
Consider joining me and a great group of students for a Root River class and support an amazing studio that serves rural SE MN. Register for classes and learn more about Root River Yoga here.
6:00-7:00pm All Levels
7:15-8:15am All Levels
*You’re invited to stay online after class for coffee/tea and a chat.
Ways to Keep Connected
- Follow Yoga with Elle on Facebook
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Ask to join private Facebook group.
- Receive this newsletter in your email by signing up here .
Tips for Practicing At Home
- Create a space for yourself, but don’t get bogged down in creating a perfect space for yourself.
- Put your class on the calendar. Make space in your day.
- Make it special for yourself. Maybe this means putting on your favorite fancy yoga pants, maybe this means you finally get to practice in your pjs.
- Reach out to me if you get stuck.